But we're not complaining. We have had to be creative when it comes to going on dates or finding something fun to do on the weekends. Thank goodness we live in a great area! Our apartment complex has a pool and hot tub, and all through the area are several ponds and streams with lots of ducks in them to feed. We recently signed up for Netflix (a free trial) and have been using that to our advantage to have plenty of movie nights!
Luckily, I've been able to get two jobs within the last month that will really help us out. I start my main job at Nelson Labs next week where I will be a reporting specialist. I'm not sure what all my job duties are, but I just know I am writing reports for clients.
And I started my second job this week. I'm a reporter for the Valley Journals, and I am covering the Kearns area. I have already met a lot of great people and feel like I've been really involved in the community. Tonight I covered the Kearns Night Out on Crime, and although it was raining the whole time, I had fun shooting pictures of the police officers and firefighters. I don't really need a second job, but I love writing and journalism. I know this will be a great way to keep up the skills I learned in college and may even be the doorway to more journalism opportunities for me in the future.
As for John, he has been busy working (sometimes 50 hours a week!) and attending school. He is set to receive his associate's degree in November. I am so excited/proud of him because of how hard he is working. He is taking a really difficult math class (can you tell from the pic below??) that I can't help him with at all, yet he is still keeping a positive attitude.
We are really blessed for everything that has happened lately. The timing of receiving my jobs was perfect, and the community we live in is great for people who don't have lots of money to spend on fun! We are so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment