I was debating about even posting anything about Valentine's Day since it was like a week ago, but when else do I have a great excuse to brag to the Internet world about my husband? Haha!
Our Valentine's Day this year was really great. We celebrated it in two parts since Valentine's was on a Monday and we didn't feel like going to a restaurant and waiting for 2 hours just to eat, so on the actual day we exchanged our gifts to each other (a golf gift card for John and chocolate covered strawberries and a shirt for me), and I made John dinner. I asked him what he would have for dinner if he could have anything in the world, and he told me chicken fried steak, so that is what we had! It turned out great. If anyone needs a good chicken fried steak recipe check out my recipes tab...it is an amazing recipe from my Granny!
| My yummy strawberries! |
| Our Valentine's Day Dinner...and John goofing off like usual! |
Now on to Valentine's Day Part 2...We dubbed last saturday as the "official" day of love and spent the whole day doing fun things together. We woke up and went to Normandie's Cafe and Bakery in Holladay (check our restaurant reviews for more on the cafe) for breakfast, and then came home and worked out and relaxed for a while, and then went to Sego Lily Spa to get massages. After that we headed out to Jordan Landing where we did some shopping (and got shoes!!) and had a yummy/really fun dinner at Tepanyaki. John planned the whole day, so I was really impressed. He took me to do my most favorite things in the world...eat and shop. Haha. I'm lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving husband! :)
Other than our Valentine's Day festivities, we haven't been up to anything too exciting beyong the norm. We have still been keeping up with working out and eating really healthy, and so far John has lost 15 pounds and I have lost 4 (I like to think I've only lost that much because I'm gaining muscle...haha). It is really exciting though and keeps us motivated to keep it up! Also, we are heading down to St. George this weekend...and we finally get to meet this sweet girl:
![]() |
| Baby Olivia! |
I'm sure I'll have another post after our trip! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment