Sunday, January 22, 2012

I can't believe I haven't blogged since last year!

It's been so long since I've had a new blog post!

Anyway, Christmas and New Year's were a lot of fun this last year. We spent time with family and friends, ate a lot of really good holiday food, and got to (sort of) relax. Unfortunately, because right in the middle of the holidays I was starting a new job and we were in the process of moving, we didn't get to relax and celebrate as much as we would have liked. With all our things packed up (meaning no Christmas lights, a tree or the ability to bake holiday cookies), and the crazy stress involved with starting a new job and moving (not recommended to do within the same month if you can help it!), the holidays really flew by. We did however get to have a pretty awesome New Year's Eve, since it was the first night we got to spend in our new house! It reminded me of a movie, because we toasted in the new year with coffee mugs (they were the only cups we could find), haha.

Since then, things have continued to be pretty stressful as we get settled in, but luckily, it's good stress. I am having a great time decorating and getting things organized, and John doesn't know how he survived without a garage.

Work is also going really well for me now that I'm settled in. I feel like I'm starting to get into the swing of things, and have been busy, busy, busy writing, editing and doing all the things I love! I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'm having so much fun. And you really can't beat a four day work week where you get to choose your own schedule!

Anyway, back to our house...we have been busy getting things organized and put away, and although we still have a lot left to do, I've had a few people asking when I'm going to put up pictures, so here you go! And keep in mind, not all the rooms are finished! I'll start in the basement and work my way up.

Our new couch! It is so extremely comfortable! Obviously this
 room still has a long ways to go.

Our new entertainment center and TV (John's pride and joy, haha)

Our office nook! I love the desk. It's so much more roomy than the
desk we used to have. And now, I don't have to crawl underneath it
every time I print something. Haha.

Another view of our office nook.

The basement bathroom! It was so much fun to decorate.

Another view of the basement bathroom.

And, another view of the bathroom.

Our new dining room table and area rug. I love this table so much!
You can also see our matching bar stools.

Our kitchen, and new fridge. I have never known of a fridge
that could be smart, but this one took me a while to figure out. It's a good thing
my grandparents have the same one, so I could practice for a couple months.

Another view of the kitchen. And our sad looking fruit
basket haha. Guess it's time to go to the store.

One last view of the kitchen.

Our laundry room!! The best part? I don't have to put quarters in these machines to
make them work. First time in about six years that I haven't had to do that.

Our bedroom. I love the light this room gets!

Another view of our room.

My favorite room in the house -- my closet! Isn't is just beautiful?

The master bath. Don't mind me in the mirror, haha.

Another view of the master bath.

We don't have a closet in our bathroom, so I decided to decorate the
shelves with baskets to keep it organized. I love how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You have done such a good job decorating your new home. Can't wait to see it in person. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your job and house and everything!! Looks like you are doing so good!!!

    ReplyDelete