I have gotten pretty bad at blogging, not that I was ever great at keeping up with it, but I just thought I'd put up some pictures of what we've been up to lately. There will be a lot of random photos, but it's better than not posting anything, right?? Anyway, here goes...
 |
We went up to Farmington Bay with some friends to do a little
birdwatching. That tiny dot in the distance is a real bald eagle! It was
so cool to see him, even if he was far away. |
 |
| Here is a close up/blurry picture. He was eating a fish! |
 |
Our friend Prasad took these next few photos of us at the Bay.
They turned out pretty good, although neither one of us was really
dressed or done up properly for a photo shoot, haha. It was still fun. |
 |
| Me with my really handsome hubby! :) |
 |
| I love this one. We were watching fish swim around. |
 |
As a housewarming gift, we received a wok. We have never used
one before, but we decided to make ham fried rice. John found the
recipe and even made it himself. I was just his helper and chopped
up all the veggies, etc. |
 |
Look at that. I think that's the first time I've seen John with
a cutting board and knife in his hand...haha (I'm kidding of course). |
 |
| The finished product! It was soo tasty! |
 |
This last weekend we finally used the free night's stay at a hotel that I won
last summer at a company party. It was SO nice to get away for a night and
just relax, even if we were only 20 minutes from home! |
 |
Here's John standing in the kitchen of our hotel room.
We were just amazed that the room had a "full" kitchen!
|
 |
As part of our night "away" we went to Gardner Village to do some
window shopping and have dinner. It was a ton of fun. John was really
excited because we found one of his favorite sodas, Big Red, at the candy
store there. He can usually only find it in Texas. It was a big day for him..haha. |
 |
This weekend we also went to the new City Creek Center! It was so much fun.
The crowds were insane, but other than that, we had a great time. I can't wait to go back! |
 |
A little update on our house. We haven't done a whole lot since my
last post, but we did work on the sitting room a bit. We got a
little side table to go between our chairs... |
 |
...and we got a nice bench and rug! We still need to get a different pot for
my plant to go in, a lamp and have the piano moved down. After a few
decorations, this room will be done!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment