Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, Big Changes

I can't believe it's 2013! I have a feeling this year is going to be really great for us. Not only did John finish up his degree at the end of December, but just a few days later he was offered a promotion and raise at work! What a great way to start out the new year, right?

John won't get to officially graduate until he walks in May, but we have already started celebrating. It's so nice to have him all to myself and not have to leave him alone in the evenings so he can do homework. He basically started school when we started dating, so I never knew him to not be in school. Now that he's got his bachelor's degree done, he's going to start studying for the GMAT so that he can start on a master's program in January 2014, or at least that's the goal. I'm so proud of him for working so hard!

John has been working in the billing department at his company, but was offered a step up and new position. It's really exciting for him because he's only been there a little over six months. I'm really happy that he's meeting his career goals! It's going to be great for us in the future, especially if and when we start having babies. :)

We don't really set resolutions each year, but some of our goals are to work out more, try new things (we're going showshoeing in a couple of weeks, which takes care of goal one and two), and finish decorating our house. We are already on our way with all three, as we decorated our guest bath this weekend! See pictures below.

 
We're going to put "decorative" soaps in the yellow
dish, we just haven't found any yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment