I found out today about a job I interviewed for last week....and it was the BEST news I've ever gotten (well...almost)!! I am going to be the Community News Editor for the Tooele Transcript Bulletin! I applied for the job on a whim, not thinking I'd hear back, but amazingly I heard back the next day, had a job interview 2 days later, and a now a week after that, I've been hired!
I am so happy and so excited to be starting a job doing what I love to do. I have worked really hard my whole life to become a journalist. I feel like all of my hard work is finally paying off, and the best part is, my job is going to be something I LOVE to do. Every day will be something new and exciting I'm sure, because news is always happening, and now I will get to be there covering it day in and day out!
I am going to miss the companies I currently work for, Nelson Labs and The Valley Journals. I have enjoyed working for both, and have really appreciated what I have learned. I have made some great friends at both places and while it's going to be sad leaving these two companies behind, I am excited for the opportunities that lie ahead.
On that note, check out the newspaper I'm going to work for!!! www.tooeletranscript.com
No comments:
Post a Comment