Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Since we decided our weekend away to Midway was our real Valentine's Day celebration, we just kept it low key on the real Valentine's Day. I made a nice dinner for John of chicken fried steak, salad, potatoes and croissants, and a chocolate cake for dessert. After that it was kind of a typical night....we went to the gym, did some laundry and watched some of our TV shows together. I really couldn't think of anything better though. Spending time together doing everyday things is what I like best, because no matter what we're doing, we always seem to have fun if we're doing it together. :)

This cake was really fattening. It had chocolate chips,
nuts, coconut, butter, caramel, etc. in it. But soo good!

John sitting at the table getting ready to eat. We lit candles and
put out a tablecloth to make it a little more special. Also, the mirror
on the far left side is one of my Valentine's gifts from John.
I have been wanting to get that exact mirror forever, and he
surprised me with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment