Friday, March 22, 2013

St. George, Vegas and Vernon

A couple of weekends ago we went to St. George to visit family and to Vegas to visit our good friends Cristie and Mike. Then last weekend, John and I took a little day trip to Vernon, which is out west in Tooele County. We had a great time both weekends....and now we're stuck inside this weekend due to the snow. Blah! Anyway, here are some pics from our adventures!

Me, Evon, Keeyla, Heather, Belle, Kara and Stephanie at Kara's bridal shower!
Yep, that's right, my aunt Kara is finally tying the knot with her
boyfriend of eight years, Sheldon. I am really happy for them!
They are a great couple and I am so excited for May 10 to get here!

John had so much fun with Cristie and Mike's dogs, Cooper and Truffles.
Truffles loved to bury her nose in John's elbow. Such cute puppies!

I'm not sure why Cristie and Mike tried to get out of this photo...but anyway,
this is at Hash House A Go Go. SO GOOD! It was featured on Man Vs. Food
and you can see why. Look at that portion size!

My cute hubby eating at Hash House. :)

Switching gears back to Northern Utah...John and I stopped at the Camp Floyd Cemetary.
It's on the way to Vernon and was pretty creepy. Here's John entering the cemetery.

And here's me in front of the monument there.

All of the headstones are marked "unknown" because they don't
 know who is buried where. But they have a sign up that tells
you how each person buried there died. Things like murder, suicide, dysentary,
typhoid fever, etc., were listed. The 1800s must have been rough!

Our drive took us all along the Pony Express trail. We got to see lots
 of these cool markers along the way.

Vernon Reservoir. It was really pretty, but still iced over so we didn't stay long.
 

The Silver Sage! Vernon's restaurant, gas station and grocery store in one.
Very cute and delicious food! Even though I've worked in Tooele County
for over a year now, this was my first time eating at the Silver Sage. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment