Wednesday, October 29, 2014

12 Weeks

 How far along: 12 weeks
Total weight gain: None so far
Maternity clothes: None yet, but I did purchase a couple of Belly Button Bands to make my jeans more comfortable. They are so worth it! I highly recommend. Also, leggings are my new best friend.
Stretch marks: None yet. I've been using Burt's Bees Belly Butter to help prevent.
Sleep: So far so good, although I have to pee with a vengeance every morning.
Best moment of this week: Going in for my 12-week check up and getting to a surprise ultrasound thanks to some U of U students needing to practice! More on that ultrasound later.
Miss anything: My old eating habits. I've gotten really picky and don't really enjoy meals that much.
Movement: None that I can feel, but my 12-week ultrasound proved that baby is very energetic! Kicks, flips, bounces, etc.
Food cravings: I started out my pregnancy craving protein (eggs, hamburgers, etc.), but haven't had many cravings lately. I have eaten a lot of buttered toast, drank a lot of juice, and had a lot more mac n cheese than any person should though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Certain smells, like John's beard oil (sorry honey!) and I usually get a wave of nausea during every meal. But luckily, no throwing up.
Have you started to show yet: See above...I think I definitely am. I mostly look bloated, but there's a definite bump there.
Gender: Don't know yet. John wants a boy, and I don't care!
Labor signs: Nope. Way too early.
Belly button in or out: In. Let's hope it stays that way for a while, haha.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: I think I've been pretty good emotionally. I would say I'm happy most of the time, with the occasional cry session. But it's not me...it's my hormones! ;-)
Looking forward to: Cleaning out our storage room so that we can start moving things from our guest room into it so that we can convert it into a nursery. And Halloween. I got a cute shirt to wear since I'm pregnant. I'll post pics after Halloween.

And just for fun...here's John's 12 week bump shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment