Finding out I was pregnant is kind of a funny story. We found out I was pregnant on Sept. 2, 2014.
Over FOUR years ago, when John and I got married, one of my best friends got us everything we'd need for a medicine cabinet...including pregnancy tests (Thanks, Ash!). Back then we thought it was pretty funny and they got put into a storage closet where we kind of forgot we had them. Well, when I starting to think that maybe I could be pregnant (no symptoms really, I was just late and had a feeling), I decided to dig them out. Turns out, they had expired over two years ago...but we decided to try them anyway. I took one before work that morning and it immediately turned up positive. We both shrugged it off, figured because it was expired it would give a false positive, and decided to buy more after work. I did my best to concentrate that day at work but it was tough! After work, we stopped at Walmart and picked up a couple more tests. When we got home, I took one right away. It turned up positive too! That's when we knew for sure! I am not going to lie, my initial reaction to learning I was pregnant was panic, fear and stress. Our whole lives were/are going to change! It was a lot to take in. After letting it sink in for a couple of hours, I finally got excited. I could not believe that there was an actual human being growing inside of me (Well, technically it was a blastocyst at that time). I asked myself and John several times up until my first doctor's appointment...am I really pregnant? John has been ready to be a dad for probably a couple of years now, so he was excited from the beginning. He is also a very laid back person who rarely stresses out or panics. I guess that's why we work together well. He was really supportive while I processed and had my mini-panic attack. Now that I'm in the thick of my pregnancy (no pun intended, but seriously...I think I'm starting to get a little thick around the middle), I'm SO excited and can't wait to meet our little baby.
 |
| Me with 2 of the 4 tests I took...shocked! |
 |
| Kind of gross since I peed on these, but here are the positive tests. |
 |
| And here's John with the tests! Shocked and awed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment