Sunday, August 28, 2011

Duck Creek 2011

Duck Creek is a place my family and I go camping at every few years, and it's always a great time. This year was no exception...although it did rain a lot more than I would have liked! We spent five days in the great outdoors doing lots of fun stuff. We went hiking, fishing, played games, hung out around the fire, etc.

The following is a sampling of our trip. Between me, my sister and my aunt we took a million photos. I don't want to bore everyone with all of them, so check out the rest on Facebook if you're interested!

Sweet baby Olivia!

Grandma & Grandpa sitting by the fire

Navajo Lake

Fishing at Aspen Mirror Lake

John with one of his many fish that he caught!

Sheldon with one of his many fish!

Haha...I had to put up this pic of Alexander digging for gold.
And Tremayne is just sitting there watching him! So funny.

Some of us hanging out by the fire!
 
Me and John at Aspen Mirror Lake

Standing on a bridge over a pretty stream...full of fish!

Adriana with Pandora & Socrates...our guard dogs!

John and I before we hiked up to Cascade Falls

The falls! It was a beautiful hike!

All of us on our way up the mountain to the falls...we had to stop for a breather!

Mammoth Cave

The inch worm that entertained the kids for hours...haha

Some of us exploring the Ice Cave...yes, that is snow they are standing on!

Kara & Sheldon making us breakfast

John playing with the bat Sheldon carved out of a branch. It worked pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment